Protecting your private information is our priority. This statement of privacy governs data collection and usage, third-party disclosures, and children’s policy.
The Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC website is an informational and community-forming site where users can book sessions with a therapist and post content while engaging with others. By using the Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. All content available on this site is intended for informational and educational purposes only. The information should not be construed as a replacement or substitute for professional medical or behavioral health treatment or for professional medical or behavioral health advice. There is no replacement on this site for personal medical or behavioral health treatment and advice from your personal behavioral health provider. As a recipient of information from this website, you are not establishing a doctor/patient relationship with Shira Kessler, Ph.D., LCSW, which might be suggested on this website.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– Mailing Address
– E-mail Address
– Phone Number
If you purchase Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC’s public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC, you may opt-out of such communications by clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC at:
Emerging Adulthood Therapy PLLC New York
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 845-533-3065
Effective as of January 04, 2022